Nov 22, 2012

Steve Jobs - The Woman

By Mariam Shambayati, artist

Steve Jobs. Apple. iPhone. Rich. Dead. Black turtlenecks.

I don't know much more about the "myth", except that he was a man. And what if he'd been a woman?

She would have been remembered by not as many people, but definitely for many more things. Probably because women tend to do many more things than (most) men in the course of their lives.

«If Jobs had been a woman she probably would have been remembered by not as many people, but definitely for many more things»

They bear children, and they talk. They lead successful careers and are homemakers. They do the homework with the kids and call their mother in laws to see how they're doing. They bake birthday cakes for their friends' children and they take care of the tax return. They live out their sexual fantasies and they mend trousers. They buy the milk when there's no more in the fridge and they make appointments for their siblings' next vaccinations. They wax their legs and paint their toenails from time to time. They remember birthdays and empty the sand out of their boys' rugby boots. They ski and they read. They cook and they clean. They make business deals and they publish websites.

© Mariam Shambayati

So what do I mean when I tell myself to PAINT LIKE A MAN? I mean: forget about everything else and concentrate on that one thing: PAINTING. Just like a man would.

I think Steve Jobs The Woman, would have been too busy to become Steve Jobs The Man.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Openthoughts2012
  UOC

UOC
  OSRT
  Gender
  IN3
  Creative